Career Key

Author: Career Key's President and CEO, Juliet Wehr Jones, GCDF, J.D.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Career Key Family Values and A Fresh Approach to Social Media

Happy New Year from Career Key! What's next in our social media this year - a more personal approach that shows how our family's values influence Career Key's approach to career guidance.
 
Over the last couple of months, I read some excellent books, talked with customers, and Dr. Jones and I had some strategic planning meetings. Insights from these will help focus us on what's important and better ways to help our visitors, customers, and licensees.  

I've got a fresh approach to blogging and social media that I'm excited about.  It includes using an editorial calendar so I can better plan research projects and posts. Also, I will try to show more of our unique voice based our family's approach to life and work.

Dr. Jones showing off Career Key's new mobile site on his new iPhone to my brother Mark.
We are a family-run business. Career Key's author Dr. Jones is my father and my mother, Jeanine Wehr Jones, is a big influence on us all. I changed careers in 2006 from practicing labor and employment law to career counseling and helping manage Career Key, becoming certified as a Global Career Development Facilitator in 2010.

How Career Key approaches career development  and our business/philanthropy is greatly influenced by our values:
  • Science-based decision making;
  • Integrity and honesty;
  • Hard work, but balance;
  • Optimism;
  • Financial conservatism;
  • Education; 
  • Loyalty to one's family and community;
  • Healthy lifestyle that reduces stress; and
  • Improving access to professional career counseling (national and international).
Hopefully these come across on our websites and social media now - but I'll be working on making that more transparent over the year.  We'd love to hear from you on Career Key's social media channels, including following this blog:
Facebook - CareerKey
Google+ - The Career Key

We appreciate your support and look forward to the new year!


No comments: