Here are 8 ways to choose the right kind of work that will satisfy you (visit here for more details about each):
- Know yourself.
- Learn about the jobs you think will satisfy you.
- Consider meeting with a professional career counselor.
- Don't stay dissatisfied in your current job for too long.
- Be realistic about your expectations of a career. (Do forensic scientists (CSIs) really get to carry guns and wear sexy tops to work?)
- Is it the type of work you don't like or the current environment (boss, salary, etc.?)
- Can you put up with short-term dissatisfaction for a long-term gain?
- How much do you value your career in relation to other life activities?