Career Key

Author: Career Key's President and CEO, Juliet Wehr Jones, GCDF, J.D.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Take the Best Career Test on Your iPhone or Handheld/Smartphone

On your iPhone or handheld/smartphone, you can now take the best, quickest, and one of the few scientifically valid career tests on the Internet, The Career Key. You can access our website, take the test, and access your saved results and matching careers anywhere you have wi-fi or 3G access.

We haven’t yet developed an iPhone or mobile phone app but you technically don’t need one. An app would make it a little easier to read, so I’m looking into creating one. But using double screen taps to enlarge the text, you can answer test questions, download and read our color PDF “What Your Test Scores Mean” and look at your saved career list and links.

I’m ashamed to admit that I just got a handheld. I had a Blackberry when I worked at the State Patrol but I never used it for Internet access (back in 2003) because the interface was so slow and difficult to read.

Last weekend, the Apple sales guy looked at my 6 year old cell phone (only capable of making a phone call) and said cheerfully, “Hey, I had one of those in high school!” Talk about feeling old and cheap at the same time – what could be worse? But my new iPhone immediately made me feel better, prettier, younger. Just like the marketing said it would! Viva la handheld! And forgive my preoccupation with age today - it's my 30 something birthday...

No comments: